Work-In-Progress Tracks

heya! i’m pretty new to this whole forum thing and i don’t really know how it works, so please do tell me if i’m not doing it right! that aside…

i figure it would be a good idea to get the ball rolling by sharing some WIPs back and forth! i’d love to hear what producers on here are working on! i’ll start - hope y’all enjoy what i have to offer!

4 Likes

I don’t have anything at the moment to share, but I do have a question: What are your influences? This WIP has VGM-but-also-house elements, like a “space station cafe” vibe. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

well there’s always some sort of VGM-style element in the tracks i make, and it’s through no intention of my own! it just so happens that a lot of my musical inspiration comes from old 90s video games, especially games like the Sonic the Hedgehog series & the Mega Man X series. i also have a bit of inspiration from more modern composers, like Toby Fox and Christopher Larkin!
on the more electronic side of things, i’ve listened to a lot of music from labels like NoCopyrightSounds and Monstercat, though the former i haven’t listened to in quite some time. musicians from those two labels are huge influences for me.
alongside all that, this track specifically took inspiration from an artist i’ve only seen in one or two places: https://soundcloud.com/shivaji/real

well that sure was a lot more than i expected to write :p

5 Likes

this is sick! idk if you’re familiar with ukg but it gives me a little of that 2 step/shuffle vibe :))) very cool B)

1 Like

kind of wip i guess since everything i do is both finished and wip, but i made this one yesterday i think, hope you like it!

i did this on my sp 404sx with some drum samples and the intro of this youtuber i watch and then like effecting it and stuff on the sp :slight_smile:

(edited to update the link to a slightly better mix and add the last bit)

2 Likes

ooooh this has earthbound vibes, that modal harmony & the creeping vibe. i like this a lot. i might suggest varying up the chord progression here and there so it’s a touch less repetitive & grips the listener a tad more

good stuff!